Today every individual stores his / her primary documents either in physical format or scans the original copy and saves them either on their laptops or desktops.
But how far is it safe? Why don’t we use Aadhar linked DigiLocker instead, which the Government of India recently started citing it to be a fully-secured digital documents vault?
Now you might be thinking what Digilocker is? We have written this article to give you a whole knowledge of Aadhar linked Digital Locker and how you too can get your own DigiLocker.
What is Aadhar Linked DigiLocker?
It is a personal storage space for relevant documents for the citizens of India who hold an Aadhar card. It is a safe digital locker, where residents can store the scanned image securely.
It is also termed as DigiLocker. Do note that it the individual will have his own Digital Locker and only he can access it.
DigiLocker has been built under the Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY), Ministry of Communications & IT, Government of India.
How does DigiLocker Work?
To sign up with DigiLocker, one must possess an Aadhar number / Aadhar Card. If you are yet to signup for an Aadhar Card, please refer our detailed help guide on how to apply for Aadhar Card. Once if you have Aadhar card, see the below-mentioned process to signup for your Aadhar-linked Digital Locker:
Who can Apply for Aadhar Linked DigiLocker?
Every Indian citizen who has an Aadhar card and a registered mobile number with Aadhar can apply for Aadhar linked Digital Locker.
What are the benefits of Aadhar Linked DigiLocker?
- It will minimize the use of physical documents and will provide authenticity to e-documents.
- It will also provide you secure access to a government issued documents.
- It will also reduce the administrative overhead of Government departments and agencies and make it easy for the residents to receive services.
- It is free of cost; you don’t have to pay while signing up. While private agencies ask for a fee for the same service.
- The Digital Locker is highly secured; they used the same security that all banks use for internet banking.
- And the biggest benefit is that you can access it anywhere and at any point of time.
According to a survey, India has around fifty-eight thousand (58,000) Aadhar linked Digital Locker.
Each DigiLocker gives free space of 10MB to upload and store its documents, but now Government is planning to increase it up to 1 GB.
You can save any documents like PAN Card, Driving License, Voter ID card, any Govt. issued identity card, passports, birth and marriage certificates, etc.
You can scan your existing government-issued documents of proof by using a straightforward and secure mobile scanning app called “CamScanner.“
DigiLocker has made easy accessibility to save documents securely.