This tutorial provides you the details on How to Apply Aadhar Card Online. In case, If you have not applied yet, I recommend you to apply for it as soon as possible. Possessing Aadhar Card will help you identify yourself anywhere in India for almost any purpose.
Applying and Aadhar Card Online is a very easy procedure. But before applying you must know what actually an Aadhar Card is?
Aadhar Card is a 12-digit unique number granted to all Indian citizens. Right now it’s not mandatory to have Aadhar Card but I think it’s a necessity for every Indian citizen today. Possessing Aadhar Card will help you to identify yourself wherever in India for almost any purpose. The main benefits of having Aadhar card is that Government is linking various benefits schemes with it.
There is no issue of duplicity in Aadhar Card enrollment. As every individual will give its own biometric information like iris scan, your photograph, and thumb impression so it makes the Aadhar card unique from other Government-issued identification documents.
Now to take the advantage of all the benefits of Aadhar Card you have to apply for it. Here I will give you the details on how to Aadhar card Apply online with an easy way out.
But if you are expecting that enrollment for Aadhar card is a completely online process, so let me clear you. There is no direct provision to apply for Aadhar card online. Because the process of enrollment includes document verification with biometric scanning like finger scanning, iris scanning and clicking on a photograph which can’t be done online.
So it is mandatory for everyone to visit the Aadhar Kendra at a location of your preference in order to apply for Aadhar. However, you can save a lot of your time by doing some things online.
You can only take an online appointment for Aadhar Enrollment from official Website of UIDAI. This facility is available on selected Aadhar Card centers in India.
Let’s have a look at the steps to get Online Aadhar card appointment online:
- Go to the official page of Aadhar Enrollment Appointment System.
- The website will look like the below-mentioned screenshot:
- Type the mandatory details having red asterisk sign like Name, e-Mail, Mobile and Phone Number of persons for you want to take appointments.
- In the Search Enrollment Center section, Select State of your choice where you wish to enroll. Also, select District, Locality and Enrollment Center from a drop down menu.
Note: You can enroll in the state different from a state of your residence. It means you can enroll anywhere from in India.
- In Select Date and time Appointment section, select the available slot and put the verification code.
- Then click on Fix Appointment Button to confirm the appointment.
- After you have clicked on fix appointment button, a new page will be opened. It will show you all details of your appointment. It basically gives you a token number. You have to take this receipt with you at enrollment center on the day of your appointment.
- You can also cancel or reschedule your existing appointment by clicking the Re-Schedule/Cancel Appointment button on the top right side of the page.
How to apply Aadhar Card Offline?
To apply Aadhar card offline is also very easy process. Follow the procedure below:
- Reach your nearest Aadhar Center/Enrollment Center.
- Be sure to take the necessary documents with you.
- You will have to show these documents to Aadhar official at center.
Note: Keep in mind that you must have one identity and one residential proof.
- The operator will take your photo with a computer connected the camera and he will take your iris scan and fingerprints also.
- After this process the operator will give you an acknowledgment slip called enrollment slip.
- That slip will have your Name, Address, Current Date, Time and other necessary information printed on it.
That’s it! You now know how to Apply Aadhar Card Online and Offline.
Please let us know in the comment box if you have any further queries. We will be happy to assist you further.