Rajasthan Government has introduced a scheme with a focus on women empowerment. Women should be approached with respect and have equal possibilities.
Bhamashah Yojana has centered on transparent and direct delivery of benefits to women. Hence, their approach towards making society as well as a country better needs to be praised.
Background of the Bhamashah Card Scheme
The Government of Rajasthan has believed that to construct an enhanced society, empowerment of every woman is critical because empowerment of the woman is the empowerment of the society and thus the State.
Rajasthan government envisioned the scheme in the year 2008 with this desire. That was even before the Aadhaar program was notioned of.
Bhamashah Card Scheme was launched in 2008. Its objectives are of financial inclusion and to empower the women of the State. Around 50 lakh ladies were enrolled and 29 lakh accounts were opened in this phase.
Benefits of the Bhamashah Card
- Assuring empowerment of women
- Financial inclusion for all segments of the society
- End-to-end service delivery platform for cash and non-cash benefits with total clearness and real-time delivery
- Closer-to-home banking services to residents
- A united platform for a large number of schemes
- Includes both family and individual beneficiary schemes
Features Of Bhamashah Card Scheme(2008 & 2014)
Bhamashah Envisaged In 2008
Some of the characteristics of 2008 Bhamashah Yojana are as follows:
- Family wise multiple benefit smart cards.
- Biometrically secured bank accounts in the name of women.
- The incentive of Rs.1500 for the opening of a bank account.
- Points of service within 3-5kms of residences.
Progress Made During 2008 After the Announcement of Scheme:
Some of the progress made by Bhamashah Yojana:
- Enrollment of 50 lakhs families was done with it.
- Bank accounts of 29.07 lakhs women were opened.
- The amount transferred Rs.161.49 Crs in 10.76 lakhs accounts.
Bhamashah Envisaged In 2014
Features of Bhamashah Yojana 2014 are:
- Retain the essence of 2008 scheme
- family wise benefits
- Women empowerment
- Financial inclusion
- Use the platform for a larger number of schemes including individual beneficiary schemes.
The whole information received for this Yojana is computerized, and by this, another scheme was implemented “Swavalamban.” All the single benefit scheme is monitored and provided to computers.
Difference Between Bhamashah and Aadhar
Bhamashah Yojana is different from Aadhar card in some ways. To make things clear, a table is presented below so that a clear picture can be framed.
|Restricted to Rajasthan||Accepted all over India|
|Scheme for financial inclusion of women in the family by linking a bank account and all DBT to transfer in their accounts.||Aadhar linking and direct benefit transfer schemes can be availed by men and women across the country.|
|The scheme provides free health insurance up to Rs 30,000 for routine illnesses and Rs 3 lakh for major ones.||No insurance benefits but can be used to avail various healthcare and pension facilities by the Government.|
|The scheme and its benefits can only be availed by women in Rajasthan, for now.||The scheme provides unique identity and other associated benefits to all men, women, children who hold valid Aadhar cards.|
Bhamashah Yojana provides a multi-purpose card to every family along with multiple benefits along with the card credited directly in the bank account.
Bhamashah provides inner power for a change, work power and power of unity among individuals to make them independent, empower and capable.