If you don’t have an Aadhar card, make sure to get it soon. Aadhar is not only a card it is one of your Unique Identification Number as an Indian resident.
Aadhar actually means “foundation” in many Indian languages and this term has been branded by UIDAI – Unique Identification Authority of India. Aadhar Card is also known as UIDAI Card and it is one of the essential document promoted by the Government of India.
Aadhar generally serves many purposes like Proof of Identity (POI) and Proof of Address (POA). Being an Indian citizen it is not mandatory but voluntary to have an Aadhar card.
You or any of your family member doesn’t have an Aadhar Card yet it’s the right time to get now. To make this process easy we have written a step by step guide on “How to get Aadhar card online”
Step #1: Book an Appointment
It’s obvious that complete cycle to get Aadhar Card Online is not possible as manual intervention is must to verify documentations etc.
Note: Check here the list of documents requires to apply for Aadhar Card.
You can only download the Aadhar Card form and can book an online appointment to any of your nearest Aadhar Card Enrollment Center.
You have to be physically present at enrollment center to complete the process. As the officer at Center will verify your details of Address and Identity from existing documents, will also do a biometric scan of all 10 Fingers, Eyes (iris) and click a photo with a white background for a record.
If you are quite busy and don’t have time to wait for your turn at an enrollment center. You can visit and center with advance appointment done online in order to speed up the enrollment procedure.
Note: UIDAI has only started this facility of booking an online appointment for Aadhar enrollment on the trial basis in some selected states of India.
Now, if you are wondering how to book an online appointment for Aadhar Enrollment, follow the simple steps given below:
- Go to official website of UIDAI to book an appointment.
- There you will find an appointment form on page as shown below:
- In the first section Enter your Name, eMail Address, Mobile Number and number of persons.
Note: In a single appointment, only 4 persons can be allowed.
- In the next section Enter your State, district, and locality. Further, Select the nearest enrollment center from the drop down menu.
Note: This state, district, and locality can be different from your resident address. It means you can enroll for Aadhar from anywhere in India.
- In Select Date and time Appointment section, select the available slot and put the verification code.
- Atlast click on Fix Appointment Button to confirm the appointment.
- When you will click on fix appointment button, a new page will be opened. It will show you all details of your appointment. It basically gives you a token number. You have to take this receipt with you at enrollment center on the day of your appointment.
Note: You can also cancel or re- schedule your existing appointment by clicking the Re-Schedule/Cancel Appointment button on the top right side of the page.
Step #2: Locate Nearby Aadhar Card Enrollment Center
If you have already got an online appointment to get enrolled for Aadhar card then you can skip this step. Now you have not taken an online appointment and not aware of nearest Aadhar card enrollment center. Then I recommend you to check below-mentioned guide to find nearby Enrollment center:
- Go to the official website of UIDAI to locate nearby enrollment center.
- Select your current State/UT.
- Further select your current District/City.
- Next select your current Region or Location.
- Atlast click on Search button.
This will provide you list of all the temporary and permanent Aadhar Enrollment Centres in your area or ward. Here you will get the contact details of center in charge.
Step#3: Get Form
Now you have taken the appointment and have already located your nearby Aadhar center. Next step is to fill and submit Aadhar Application at an enrollment center.
You can get form free of cost either at official portals of UIDAI or enrollment center. The form is available in various regional languages also.
Now let’s learn the process to Download and Submit Aadhar Card Form
You can directly download the Aadhar card form in different languages from links given below:
Step#4: Check Aadhar Card Status
After you applied for Aadhar Card, it normally takes 60 to 90 days to get delivered to your registered address.
Now Want to check your Aadhar Card Delivery Status but don’t know how? Then you are at the right place.
Make sure that you must have your Enrollment slip which you have received at the time of enrollment. The enrollment ID on acknowledgment slip will help you to check Aadhar card status. Follow the below mentioned simple steps to track status of Aadhar card:
- Visit this link : https://resident.uidai.net.in/check-aadhaar-status
- Enter your 28-digit Enrolment ID (14-digit Enrolment number and 14-digit enrolment date)
- Further type the on-screen security captcha code.
- Atlast Click on ‘Check Status’ button.
- If your Aadhar Card has been generated, then you will see the following result on the screen:
Your Aadhar Card has been generated. If you haven’t received the letter please download the E-Aadhar Card.
- If your Aadhar Card is not generated yet, then you will see the following result on the screen:
This enrollment is under process. Please check again after a few days.
Note: You can also track your Aadhar card status through SMS and by calling on Helpdesk number. I recommend you to review this article to track the delivery of your Aadhar Card by SMS and helpline number.
Step#5: Download Aadhar Card
When Aadhar card will be issued by UIDAI then it will be posted by the government at the same residence address mentioned in the form submitted by you.
You will also get an SMS notification on your registered mobile number once Aadhar card is issued. The message will somewhat look like this:
In case you need your Aadhar Card urgently and can’t wait until delivery. You can simply go to the official government online portal and download your e-Aadhar anytime.
Now you must be wondering how to download your Aadhar card online, print it and have it ready? To download your Aadhar card online , follow the below given steps:
- Firstly Go to the website: https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Next Choose “I have Either Aadhar or Enrollment ID” option, whatever you have.
- Enter your Aadhar number or enrollment id.
- Fill in your Full Name and Pin Code registered with Aadhar Center.
- Next Enter the captcha code.
- Once done, request for One Time Password by clicking on ‘Get one Time Password’ button.
- Shortly you will receive an OTP on your mobile number. Fill that OTP in entering OTP text box.
- At last click on Validate & Download button.
- You will get one pdf file click on save and ok that file.
That’s it! You now how you can get Aadhar card online. In case you have some query or doubts then feel free to leave a comment below.
Note: Now you are wondering how to take print out of Aadhar Card. Look at this article.