Sometimes you need to update Aadhar card data like name, postal address, date of birth, mobile number or any other information that Shows in your Aadhar Card. It is very easy to update your Aadhar card data.
There are two options by which you can change your Aadhar card details.
You can Update your Aadhar Card Online, by Post or Visiting Aadhar Kendra.
- Online method: You can go to the official online portal of UIDAI and access your account to update details by some simple steps.
- Offline method: You can send your updated details to the UIDAI using the postal service.
Update Aadhar Card Details using Online Method
UIDAI has launched online service where you can easily modify your details anytime you want to. Visit UIDAI website and use your registered mobile number to logged in. You will receive an OTP number on your mobile which will help you to proceed further.
- Firstly Go to official Aadhar Card update portal.
- Further Click on Update Aadhar Data button.
- When page will be opened, there you will see an option asking for your Aadhar Card number. Enter your 12 digits Aadhar number and click on “Send OTP”. You will receive One Time Password on registered mobile number with UIDAI.
Note: This OTP is valid only for 15 minutes.
- Enter OTP in the required field and click on “Login”.
- Now you will see different options like Address, Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number. Tick the option you want to update and click on Submit Button.
Note: You can also request more than one update at a time.
- Enter new updated information here and click on “Submit Update Request” button.
- Further cross check the details again and have a look if they are accurate or not. If all the details filled by you are accurate, click on “Confirm” button and then “Proceed”. If mistakenly you have entered anything wrong then click on “Modify” button so you can modify the desired data.
- Next upload all the scanned documents so that verification can be done to the modifications you asked for your Aadhar card. Once all the documents are uploaded click on Submit Button.
Note: Make sure that uploaded documents should have the same information that you are requesting for. The uploaded documents should be attested self-signed. The documents can be in PDF, Microsoft word or Image format. You can also Download CamScanner app and it will help you to generate scanner-like images of the documents of proofs.
- Now, you will see “Your update request has been successfully submitted on 03 Apr 2016(This is a date when you will request update). Your Update Request Number (URN) is 0000/00986/96XXX” on your screen. You will also get a confirmation message and Update Request Number on your registered mobile number.
Note: Make sure to note down this URN number as it will help you to track the status of Aadhar Card update. You can also download the acknowledgment slip by clicking on “Download File” button on the page.
- Atlast, click on the “Logout” button.
Update Aadhar Card Details using Offline Method
If you want to modify your details present on your Aadhar by offline(Postal) method, check out this section.
- Firstly visit Aadhar Card update portal.
- Next Click on Download Form button.
Note: Check the instructions here by UIDAI for residents who will send the update request by post.
- It’s mandatory to fill a form in capital letters only and working mobile number.
- Whatever information you want to get updated whether it is your name, address, Date of Birth or anything add self-attested photocopies of the documents. For a list of valid documents click here.
Note: Fill the form in English as well as in the local language. Check the detailed article on how to fill Aadhar Card form.
- On each attached document do write your 12 digit Aadhar number that is issued to you by UIDAI.
- You should seal the envelope properly and do write “Aadhaar Update/Correction” on the envelope and it should be in clear letters.
- Here are the addresses where you can post the document:UIDAIPost-Box No. 10,Chhindwara,Madhya Pradesh-480001, IndiaUIDAIPost-Box No. 99,Banjara Hills,Hyderabad-500034, India
- You will receive an intimation of the update request receipt when it is received.
- For the update of your mobile number, the notification for the update will be sent to the given mobile number.
Note: If you want to track your Aadhar card update status, click here to check the steps.
If you have any queries do comment us below in the comment section. We will be more than happy to help you. Don’t forget to share this guide with others.