Aadhar card is the most significant proof of identity and needed at most of the places where you require to show it as a proof of address and proof of identity.
It also gives a valid proof as it authenticates that the person who is having Aadhar card is the citizen of India. Aadhar card is extremely important while doing any critical work in court or while doing registration of property.
Sometimes it acts a mandatory document while applying for home loans and property registration. One good thing about enrolling for Aadhar card is that it is available without paying any single fees as it is right for every individual to have his/her Aadhar Card generated.
It is important to register for Aadhar card and one can enroll himself or herself by contacting nearest center which provides Aadhar card.
Aadhar card needs a contact number which is required for registration. However sometimes due to any reason, your mobile number has been changed or lost.
In such cases, your old contact number registered under your Aadhar number is of no use. So it is important to change or update mobile number in Aadhar card. Because registering your mobile number with Aadhar is mandatory to get updates on your mobile related to it.
If you haven’t registered mobile number with it, then it’s not possible to take advantage of online facilities given by UIDAI like update data, change name, correct details, download Aadhar number, forgot or lost enrollment number. Because an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number while using any of online facility.
There are 2 ways via to update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card:
- Online Process
- Offline Process(by Post)
Steps to update Mobile in Aadhar Card Via Online Process:
- Visit official portal of UIDAI website.
- Enter your Aadhar Card Number and security code provided in image and click on Send OTP button.
Note: It’s mandatory to have a mobile number registered with Aadhar Center to update the mobile with Online process.
- If your mobile number is not registered with Aadhar Authority then you will get message “Your Mobile number is not registered in our database.”
- Next OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Now, enter received OTP in the box and click on “Login” button.
- Next select checkbox in front of Mobile Number for updating your Mobile Number to Aadhar Card and click on “Submit” button./li_item]
- Then put your new mobile number and Click on “Submit Update Request” button.
- After the Submit Update Request, cross check your mobile number again and if mistakenly you entered any wrong digit then click on “Modify” button.
- If your Mobile Number is correct then select the “I confirm that…” checkbox and click on “Proceed” button to continue.
- On successfully submitting the request a Uniform Request Number (URN) will be generated on screen and also intimated through SMS.
Note: You can use this URN along with 12 digit Aadhar Number to check the status of Aadhar Card update request.
- Now click on Logout.
Steps to update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card Via Post or Offline Process:
- Download the Aadhar card update application Form : Click here to Download
- Once downloaded take the printout. The form will look like this:
- In the first option – Do Tick mark on “Mobile” Option.
- Enter your Aadhar number.
- Describe your name, address as provided in Aadhar card.
Note: Fill the form in CAPITAL LETTERS and in both the languages (English and your local language as it appears in your Aadhar letter).
- Next enter your Mobile number and e-mail ID.
Note: It’s not mandatory to add e-mail id but I recommend you to add it as a second option to reach you out.
- You have to send self-attested photocopies of the updated documents.
Note: For a list of valid documents click here.
- Do not forget to write your Aadhar number in the attached documents too. Provide the name of the documents you have attached.
- Once the information is completed once again check the filled form again for any errors.
- Now you have to send the filled form through post. Details of address is provided as below:
Address 1 Address 2 Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India UIDAI Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
- After sending the application, you have to wait for some time. Once the mobile number is added to your Aadhar card, you will able to receive a confirmation message from the official on your mobile number.
Do mention in the comments below if you have any queries / concerns on how to update mobile number in your Aadhar Card.