Udyog Aadhar has simplified the procedure and documentation for the MSME registration by making it a one-pager self-declared online affair.
There are many benefits that the micro, small and the medium enterprises could enjoy by registering themselves under MSME. The article compiles the features and the benefits of having Udyog Aadhar for your enterprise.
What is Udyog Aadhar?
Udyog Aadhar is a 12 digit registration number issued by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) to the existing or new small and medium enterprises in the country who have applied for registration.
This initiative of having the one page Udyog Aadhar Memorandum (UAM) has come into effect on 18th September 2015.
It has simplified the erstwhile lengthy procedure of filing for MSME registration where the small and medium enterprises had to fill Entrepreneur Memorandum –I (EM-I) and Entrepreneur Memorandum –II (EM-II) forms which in turn consisted of almost 11 different forms along with the necessary attested certificates.
The introduction of such an online user-friendly form has definitely reduced the time taken and efforts made in the entire process of applying and verification of the documents for the MSME registration.
What is the MSME Department ?
The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) supports, promotes and regulates the micro, small and the medium scale enterprises in the country.
The ministry provides financial and technical support to the Indian entrepreneurs & small business and also conducts capacity building programs with the objective of enhancing the growth of the enterprises.
The salient features of Udyog Aadhar
- Registration is online instead of personal filling. It is just a click job.
- UAM can be filed by self-declaration on the details of the enterprise.
- The details required for filing for registration: Personal Aadhar number, Industry name, Address, Bank details, and some common information.
- One can file more than one Udyog Aadhar with same Aadhar Number.
- No Fee for filing.
- Once filled and uploaded, the registration number is received in the mail id provided.
Documents Required For Udyog Aadhar MSME Registration
- Aadhar Number: 12 digits Aadhar number issued to the applicant.
- Name of Owner: The applicant name as mentioned on the Aadhar Card issued by UIDAI.
- Social Category: General / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Castes (with proof).
- Name of Enterprise: Name of the legal entity to conduct business. One applicant can have more than one enterprises doing business and each one can be registered for a separate Udyog Aadhar and with the same Aadhar Number.
- Type of Organization: Type of Business entity or Legal Entity. (Proprietorship, Partnership Firm, Hindu Undivided Family, Private Limited Company, Co-Operative, Public Limited Company, Self Help Group, LLP, Others)
- Postal Address: Address of the business including mobile and email address.
- Date of Commencement: The date on which businesses was started.
- Previous Registration Details: Details of previous MSME registration, if applicable should be entered here.
- Bank Details: Details of the bank account of the company including IFSC Code and Bank Account number.
- Major Activity: Major area of activity of the business – manufacturing or service.
- NIC Code: The appropriate NIC Code should be entered from the National Industrial Classification (NIC) handbook. To download NIC Code Handbook Click Here
- The person employed: The total number of people employed in the business.
- Investment in Plant & Machinery / Equipment: Amount of money invested regarding machinery and equipment by the firm.
- DIC: Details of the District Industry Center nearest to the firm, if require.
Note: To file the Udyog Aadhar MSME online Click Here.
The Benefits of Udyog Aadhar registration
- Once registered with MSME, the micro, small or the medium enterprise would be eligible for all government scheme benefits like without guarantee loan, easy loan, a loan with a low rate of interest.
- The MSME registered enterprises get the financial support from the Government to participate in the foreign expo.
- The company is also entitled to the Government subsidies.
With more than two lakh registered companies under MSME, the industry promises to move towards becoming an organized one with maximum benefits enjoyed by the entrepreneurs.
More information can be availed in www.msme.gov.in
For any clarification, please feel free to leave a comment below.